Sunday 26 August 2012

The Honeypot - w/c 20.08.12



Hello Homespinners, how have your weeks been? I've had a good one, turning...eek...31 in style -  attending the boy's press night for his new play An Incident at the Border, lunching and dinner-ing around town with various chums, singing at a couple of lovely weddings and today having a BBQ (don't tell the sunshine) back at my mum and dad's. Lovely! And now here comes this week's "Honeypot" - a round up of the best blog posts I've seen around the web - crafty DIY projects, weddings with a homemade feel and recipes to try. 
Kitchen Honeys
An ambitious project but one that I'm going to have to have a go at since it looks so totally delish: Chocolate Raspberry Bavarian Torte from Sprinkle Bakes

Another difficult looking recipe (I'm obviously feeling very clever in the baking department this week!) but saw this Eight Strand Plaited Loaf on the fabulous Great British Bake Off this week and really want to have a go - if only to baffle myself with which strand goes where...

Craft Room Honeys
Not a current post but one that I've only just Stumbledupon - uber pretty Doily Lamp DIY from More Design Please

I picked up my knitting needles again this week after a summer time wool break - this is a very clear tutorial from Crafterholic for increasing stitches which jogged my memory when it needed it!

Wedding Honeys
Photography credit - Tino&Pip
A gorgeous barn wedding with lots of lovely DIY details and ideas from Whimsical Wonderland
Weddings - shot by our wedding photographers Tino & Pip

A great DIY and some inspiration for wedding corsages from Oh Lovely Day

Homespun Re-Spun

Here's a run down of what this Homespun Honey has been up to this week:


Decadent triple chocolate cookies - do send me your thoughts if you had a go!


The search for our perfect wedding venue and resulting tipi-tasticness!


A yummy Simple Supper of Scallop, Chorizo and Potato Salad

Looking forward to more homespun goodness next week - enjoy your bank holiday honeys! x

No comments:

Post a Comment